Status of cabinet picks and other appointments: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/
- DJT calls the media the "enemy of the American people" (source).
- Homeland Security adopts new guidelines for more aggressive deportations (source). Followup article with more details.
- New national security advisor appointed (source).
- Summary of planned anti-environment executive orders, stream protection rule repeal signed into law (source).
- DJT is winning the war on tourism (source).
- U.S. aid to Syrian rebels halted (might be temporary) (source).
- Increasing numbers of asylum seekers fleeing U.S. for Canada (source).
- Pruitt's ties to gas and oil companies documented
- DJT revokes protections for transgender students (source).
- State Dept. being kept out of foreign policy loop (source).
- Justice Dept. scraps plan to phase out private, for-profit prisons (source).
- Bannon says they are working on the “deconstruction of the administrative state” and says many cabinet nominees were chosen specifically to dismantle their respective agencies (source).
- Spicer threatens crackdown on marijuana (source).
- NYT fact checking on trade - we have a trade surplus with many places (source).
In news elsewhere
- Russian consul found dead in Athens (source) - for those counting I believe that's the fifth high level Russian diplomat to be found dead/killed since the election.
Map of the week: