Stickied until the inauguration: Status of cabinet picks and other appointments: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/
- All U.S. ambassadors being withdrawn by inauguration day (normally they stay on until their replacements are approved) (source).
- Congress looking to get started on that wall (and shockingly it would be U.S. taxpayers, not Mexico paying for it) (source)
- Full report on Russian interference in the election.
- House passes REINS act which would require congressional approval for all major regulations, act is unlikely to pass senate though (source)
- WP article on Trump's non-cabinet advisors, who are not subject to conflict of interest laws (source)
- If Trump signs that bill rolling back the last 60 days of regulations the House passed last week, he'll also be signing away a chunk of his executive power to Congress (source).
- Major Senate votes planned for Wednesday (simultaneous with cabinet hearings), mostly on the stuff the House passed last week, including Obamacare repeal. (source).